HORISONS representatives and installers are trained and certified by the major shingle manufactures.
There are many shingle products available in the Houston area – like GAF, OwensCorning, CertainTeed, TAMKO, IKO, Atlas and others. Each have their owns strengths and weakness. Each have their niche applications. Ask a Horisons representative for an inspection and consultation to determine your needs.
CHOOSING YOUR PRODUCT:
At HORISONS we strive to provide our customers with the best of class products and service. When it comes to steep slope composite shingles we believe the two best shingles for our climate in the Houston area are made by GAF and Owens Corning. HORISONS is a certified installer for both manufactures, but like most companies they need to choose with which to partner based on better support and availability – like are auto dealership would chose Ford or Chevy. HORISONS believes that GAF is the first choice. Ask a HORISONS representative to review and compare for your better choice. HORISONS representatives are factory trained and can provide you with the information you need to make a good decision.
CHECK THE DETAILS:
At HORISONS we feel the small details of the installation make for the confidence in your new roof’s longevity. Therefore HORISONS does the following for each roof it installs.
- Uses 6 nails to fasten each shingle.
- Hand nails most projects – except for multi-family roofs and very steep residential roofs.
- Installs a true starter strip on the first course on all eaves and rakes of your roof.
- Uses ice and water shield in all valleys and around all protrusions.
- Applies a synthetic underlayment for maximum water barrier protection.
- ***Reviews and recommends the best ventilation for your roofing system.***
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR ROOFING CONTRACTOR:
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have General Liability Insurance? Does it have a roof exclusion?
- Do you have workers’ compensation insurance? How about your installers?
- Are you accredited with the Houston BBB? What is your rating?
- Do you have five star Google reviews?
- Are you partnered with a major material manufacturer? What’s your partnership level?
- Are you member of the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT) and Houston?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have 3rd party monitoring of your insurance, back ground and referral?
- What types of roof material and labor warranties do you offer?
- Do you offer financing?
- Will you be completely tearing off my old roof down to the decking?
- How many nails per shingle do you use?
- Do you hand nail?
- What is the best ventilation system for my roof? Intake & Exhaust?
- How do you protect the property during construction?
- How do you clean up?
- What type of underlayment do you recommend?
- Do you replace the pipe jacks?
- Do you waive deductibles? (This is a big one as it is against the law in Texas. If they say yes or offer discounts against the deductible, then you know that they are dishonest and willing to break the law.)